More about the requirements
In addition to the qualifications listed under The Requirements
tab, we're looking for a professional with the following competencies and characteristics:
More about the role
- A strong work ethic and the demonstrated ability both to work independently and to contribute as a team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams, programs, and projects.
- Strengths in self-motivation, collaboration, initiative, sense of urgency, and attention to detail.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize and process multiple tasks and/or projects as required.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with all levels within the organization.
- Able to implement, follow, and continuously improve safety, environmental, and health guidelines and procedures.
- The ability to work on a high performing team creating an environment where open and honest communication is the norm.
As an Associate Manufacturing Technician, you will:
More about your success
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment that meets facility standards.
- Ensure general quality of all work meets company standards.
- Maintain records and interface with multiple computer software programs for purposes of material transactions, traceability, process control, on-line inspection, testing, and statistical process control.
- Perform routine optical inspection and product quality tests according to written specifications and standards.
- Use instruments to test the quality of chemical products to ensure they meet standards and specifications.
- Maintain accurate logbook entries of key process and equipment events, and provide in-depth observations to process and development engineers as required.
- Clean assigned production equipment and perform operator-level preventive maintenance (i.e. change filters, check fluid levels).
- Communicate effectively with team members and other groups within the Celgard organization. Act as communication link with other departments when assigned.
- Maintain training and cross-training proficiencies as required to ensure compliance in execution of daily activities and departmental expectations.
- Train others (new and current employees) as needed.
- Ensure breaks and lunches are taken per policy and time is not abused.
- Support managing all data and working with Supply Chain and operations to ensure production throughput is maximized.
- Work with Supply Chain to manage and update all relevant part numbers in the ERP system.
- Identify areas of potential process improvement and communicate accordingly.
- Comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices regulations Maintain a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers.
- Participate in cross-functional teams. Lead meetings as needed. Serve on team roles as assigned.
- Must keep all Celgard information CONFIDENTIAL.
Our ideal candidate for Associate Manufacturing Technician is willing and able to:
Own your role:
We thrive on the contribution each person brings to our organization, and on how we work together as a team, even while working under limited supervision. If you’re a good fit for our team, you bring accountability, integrity, and a focus on making sure your tasks are completed so that we can keep moving as a team.
Teamwork is essential to our success, and communication is essential to a strong team. In our environment, open and honest communication is the norm. In addition to carefully documenting your work to ensure the next shift knows what is happening, you should be ready to ask and answer questions, ask for and provide help, and ask to learn as well as sharing what you know.
Prioritize and respond:
As you go about your assigned work, you’ll be interrupted with machine breakdowns and other emergent issues. You will be mostly on your own on the night shift, so our ideal candidate must be able to make good decisions and will quickly learn how to prioritize the work to ensure we keep moving.
Commit to safety:
Through our actions, we strive to do zero harm to our people and environment. All employees will actively assist in maintaining and improving an accident-free workplace. For the benefit of our employees and product, the Charlotte facility is drug-free.