The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Maintenance Mechanics opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required; an associate's degree in in mechanical or industrial engineering is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial mechanical maintenance environment, or related military experience
- The ability to:
- Troubleshoot and maintain mechanical drive systems (brakes, clutches, couplings, bearings, belts, chains, gears, sprockets, etc.)
- Perform precision alignments and installations
- Obtain a PIV license
- Contribute to a high performing team where open and honest communication is the norm
- Manage conflicts and forge a mutually beneficial solution
- Strong communication skills to build effective workplace relationships, motivating co-workers, and supporting co-worker development
- Computer proficiency in a Microsoft Office suite environment, including Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- A broad background, ideally including setting up new equipment
- Experience with welding, rigging, optical alignment and/or machine shop
- Experience troubleshooting pneumatic systems/hydraulics
- Knowledge of small centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, piping layouts, and polymer extrusion
- Experience with predictive techniques such as infrared and ultrasonic
- Knowledge of electrical systems
The RoleReporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will join a team of 11 Maintenance Mechanics. Your overall mission will be to perform preventative maintenance, mechanical repairs, and troubleshooting of production equipment. You'll spend about 85% of your time with scheduled maintenance. You'll also clean and rebuild extrusion equipment and help with setting up any new equipment.
More specifically, you will:
- Follow department guidelines and SOP work instructions for equipment repair of plastic film processing equipment, specifically extrusion line cleanings, preventative maintenance and other equipment maintenance
- Properly complete and submit all paperwork associated with equipment maintenance and safety protocols
- Perform minor modifications to equipment to eliminate root cause of mechanical problems
- Diagnose equipment issues and assist in the diagnosis of process related problems through collaborative team work with Engineering & Operations staff
- Perform minor fabrication and machine work, i.e. welding, milling machine, lathe, and drill press
- Support new equipment installations
- Cross-train in electrical systems and other maintenance disciplines, and continuously learn and develop maintenance skills
- Train other maintenance personnel on mechanical systems and personal areas of expertise
- Work collaboratively with all maintenance and manufacturing personnel; lead and participate in cross-functional teams
- Follow Celgard safety guidelines and procedures; plan safety into projects and tasks
- Safely work from heights up to 30 feet, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, bend and twist in order to reach remote equipment
- Operate equipment such as forklifts, portable hoists, cherry pickers, one-man lifts, etc.
- Utilize computers to update mechanical procedures
- Carry a phone for coverage and site-wide communication and be willing to work other shifts as needed/requested.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
If you have the desire and drive to learn and develop your skills, you will have ample opportunity. You'll be able to take advantage of both initial and ongoing training to keep your skills sharp.
Celgard dynamically stewards its resources, particularly our most important resource: our people. Because of our unique market niches and proprietary technologies, we prefer to promote from within whenever possible, and we use a progression matrix to clearly identify your path to growth. As we expand, we'll be looking for proven professionals to grow with us.
Green is the present and the future
As a tech-driven company tied to the green energy sector, we are poised for ongoing growth as tech products, from cell phones to electric drive vehicles, continue to play an ever-increasing role in people's lives
Great work environment
We promote a performance culture with high-energy teams that encourage cross-functional collaboration with individual contributions. Continuous improvement is an integral part of that culture.
Celgard is committed to providing competitive pay and benefit programs that meet the needs of our employees and their families. We recognize that our greatest asset is our people and that they deserve the best support. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, a 401(k) plan, holiday and vacation pay, and more.
Pictured: Celgard develops and manufactures a variety of lithium-ion battery separator applications that are designed to provide optimal performance in consumer electronics applications, including smart phones, tablets, smart watches and wearable computing.
Keys to SuccessProduction is our customer and success in our environment calls for an unwavering commitment to abide by the all-important rule: the customer is always right. At the same time, we'll look to you to set realistic expectations and boundaries, leveraging your interpersonal savvy to build trust-based relationships with diverse stakeholders, using tact and diplomacy.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Maintenance Mechanic, you will:
- Be comfortable discussing practical issues with technicians, technical issues with engineers, and business issues with management
- Model a strong sense of ownership and accountability, including taking the initiative to bring a fresh perspective and drive continuous improvement
- Showcase flexibility and a "whatever it takes" attitude to get the job done right and to help us meet or exceed our production objectives
- Remain flexible and adaptable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where things move quickly and change often
About UsCelgard is a global leader in the development and production of specialty microporous membranes and is one of the largest suppliers to the lithium battery industry. Our battery separators are among the most highly-engineered and critical components of lithium battery systems. They provide a barrier between the anode and the cathode, preventing short circuits, while enabling the exchange of lithium ions from one side of the battery to the other.
Celgard has a long history of supplying separators for portable handheld devices such as notebook computers, mobile telephones, and digital cameras. And because of their unique characteristics and reliable performance, our separators are quickly being adopted into emerging high-performance applications including lithium power tools, backup power and electricity grid management systems, and -- most significantly -- electric drive vehicles (EDVs).
With company headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, and battery separator manufacturing facilities in the United States and Asia, we are ideally positioned to serve the just-in-time needs of a global market.
Celgard is a division of Polypore, an Asahi Kasei Group company. The Asahi Kasei Group is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the material, homes, and health care business sectors. Its electronics operations include a broad range of high-performance energy/electronics materials such as the Hipore™ lithium-ion battery separator, photosensitive dry film used in the production of printed wiring boards, and photomask pellicles used in the production of LCD panels and semiconductors. With more than 30,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries.